Tuesday, August 2, 2011

OVO Fest 2011

Sunday was the second annual OVO (October's Very Own) Fest, run by Drake.  After last year's stellar guest line-up (Eminem, Jay-Z, Young Money, etc), I knew I'd be going.  I'm not one to splurge on tickets unless I REALLY like the artist, so for this concert I had lawn seats.  As I said in my last post, I had my suspicions of who would be the guest performers.  I predicted KiD CuDi and Lil Wayne would show up; CuDi since he was scheduled to be in town, and Lil Wayne, since Drake is signed to his label.

I was half right.  Lil Wayne did show up to do a small set at the end.  But that wasn't the biggest act.

Drake was able to get none other than the legendary Stevie Wonder!

I couldn't believe it!  My friend was lucky enough to have VIP passes to the meet and greet and the soundcheck, so I knew ahead of time that it was Mr Wonder.  But even then I was blown away.  I'm not the biggest Stevie fan, but I appreciate his talent and his status.  It was definitely impressive that Drake had the pull to snag Stevie.

Overall, the concert was amazing.  Not as good as last year's, but still impressive.

But now I need to vent about the cell reception at the concert.  T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E!  At first, I just didn't have an internet connection.  But then, even cell reception completely cut out.  Little did I know that because of this I'd miss a very important text message asking if I'd like the chance to meet Drake after the concert.  I was not impressed when it arrived to my phone around 1:30am, once I was falling asleep in my bed.

Next time, right?

*Videos and terribly blurry pictures to come*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think. Leave a line or two, or just a hello. And thanks for dropping by!