Saturday, August 13, 2011

Left on a Jet Plane

I have made it!  I am officially in Geneva! :D

I arrived this morning at 11am and have had a full day of getting to know everyone.  It's still only 5pm, but it's feeling like it's well past my bed time.  My flights were great, just long.  I unfortunately didn't get much sleep on the Jet Airways flight, so I've been forcing myself to stay awake to readjust my sleep schedule.

By the way, Jet Airways was fantastic.  The staff were very friendly and helpful, and everything about the flight ran smoothly. The food especially was delicious and the onboard entertainment selection was great.

Tonight's only just beginning.  The neighbourhood youth have a festival running the entire weekend, so I will have lots to do.  First thing on the list: enjoy the much anticipated 'raclette'.

Next post will be longer with more details and pictures, I promise.

And to end it off, I give you a quote from the youngest boy I am watching (9 years):

Host Mom: "E, you have bags under your eyes!"


E: "I don't have bags.  I have backpacks!"

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. We miss you already! Sorry I couldn't get to the Lone Star send off lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you too! And don't worry about Lone Star. The pool party more than made up for it. See you at Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the successful journey. Jet Airways? Is that American? Must check it out for flights 2 CAN.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Jet Airways is actually an Indian airline, but it makes the flight from Brussels to Toronto everyday.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Leave a line or two, or just a hello. And thanks for dropping by!