Sunday, June 5, 2011

Summer has Arrived

When I first decided to start this blog, I figured it would be a blog for my family and friends to keep track of my year abroad.  Then I began to explore other expat and travel blogs discovering groups and forums like Expat Blog and Expat Women.  From there I have come in contact with some wonderful people who have offered their wisdom and support.  I never expected such a welcoming community online, but I am happy I found it, and thank you all for your generosity.

It has come time for the summer lifeguard trainings for the City and it has suddenly hit me that my trip is fast approaching.  Now that school is done and my friends are home for the summer, I can't wait to spend my last few months with some of my closest friends.  We've already scheduled a camping trip and bought tickets to see Drake on July 31st.  We're also looking to plan some cottage weekends, day trips, and some adventures around Toronto.

What are you planning for the summer?  Any suggestions for some fun day activities?

4 comments:

  1. End of August. I can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Switzerland kids stay in school until mid-July, so our summer starts a bit late - but we'll be leaving for Sardinia a few days after the school vacation begins, and hopefully we'll make up for the delay :-)

    I have been spending sunny days going to the lake or finding cute hidden corners in Zurich, and rainy days blogging or going to the museum. I know, I'm boring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not boring at all. Sounds like a great summer.

    When does school usually start up again?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Leave a line or two, or just a hello. And thanks for dropping by!