Sunday, May 29, 2011

Another Tick - 5K Done

My Medal :)

As I said before, I don't think I'll ever get the "runner's high", but I now understand the "racer's high".  There's nothing like running towards a giant finish line with hundreds of people chanting, giving you chocolate and a new shiny medal.  Today I ran my first (of many, I hope) 5k.  I ran in the Toronto Women's Run to benefit POGO (Paediatric Oncology Group of Ontario).  My aunt (author of Barb Still Running) ran the half marathon and got a PR.  Wahoo!  I of course got a PR too.  But that's because I hadn't ran before.

The race was in Sunnybrook park and I couldn't have got better weather.  I was stressing earlier since the always reliable weatherman was predicting hot, humid, sunny weather.  When I woke up this morning it was raining.  Luckily when the race started, the weather had shifted to overcast.  Other than dodging giant puddles, the course was great.  Apparently the 5K-ers lucked out and didn't get all the hills the Half Marathoners did (although they were promised flat terrain).

Me at the Start/Finish pre-race.  Notice the nicely blow dried hair.

Seconds after I finished.  Hair now a disaster.

My Aunt finishing her race.

Time check.

Yay!

Me and my Aunt after the race

And again

How was your weekend?  Do anything exciting?  Have you ticked off anything on your bucket list recently?

2 comments:

  1. Too many pics of me! But at least they're better than the ones Phil took, so I'll be stealing some.

    Thanks for joining me again and great job on your run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, and awesome job to you too!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Leave a line or two, or just a hello. And thanks for dropping by!