Saturday, May 21, 2011

Working on my Bucket List

Me enjoying the beautiful weather in my backyard

As you may have seen on my Bucket List page, one of my goals is to run a 5k.  Back in January, I thought it would be a great idea (and enough time to train) for the Toronto Women's Run 2011 in Sunnybrook Park on May 29th.  So since January, I've been attempting to train.  I've never been a runner.  I've never experienced the runner's 'high' and would much rather bike, blade or swim.  Despite this, I have been running as much as I can.

Today I went on my run down the Humber River Ravine.  Not my best run.  The temperature in Toronto is hovering around 25 degrees (Celsius) without a cloud in the sky.  Running at 2pm on the hottest day so far this year might not have been my most brilliant idea.  I sure hope it's not this hot next Sunday.  I may end up walking a lot more than I planned.

Anyway, along my route, I stopped to take some pictures.  The river has swollen with all the rain from the past week.  And the mural is from under a bridge.  I wish my Blackberry had a better camera on it.  These really don't do the day any justice.

Amazing mural under the bridge

More of the mural


End of the mural

Canada Goose cooling off in the overflowing river

The Humber River

How's your weekend been so far?  Have you been enjoying the weather (if you have the sun like we do?)?

1 comment:

I'd love to know what you think. Leave a line or two, or just a hello. And thanks for dropping by!