Friday, May 27, 2011

Quite a Bit Off Topic

First off, I want to welcome all the new readers I've had in the past few days.  Welcome, and feel free to leave comments.  I love comments.  And of course, a very big welcome and thanks to my two new followers.  Glad you found me somewhat entertaining.

Secondly, in Visa news, all my documentation has been sent off to Switzerland (for the low price of $54.11) and now I'm just waiting to hear the (hopefully) good news.

And now on to my completely off-topic discussion: my very nerdy and unhealthy obsession with books.  Ask anyone who knows me.  I always have a book with me, and usually a couple more in case I finish the first book.  Working as a lifeguard, there are days where a book (or a series of books) come in handy.  Canada doesn't exactly have the most temperate weather.  But since I learned to read, my mother has been asking me to put that book down and go do something (not exactly the worst thing a kid could be doing rather than doing chores).  I still relish reading time, especially those stormy days when there's nothing better to do than cuddle up with a book and escape to a new (sunnier) world.  And since I found time last weekend to bask in the sun, its been nothing but rain every since.  However, this means that I've read quite a few books recently, and here is my list of my favourites:

The Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda


Think of a Number by John Verdon


A Million Little Pieces by James Frey


Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay


Shanghai Girls by Lisa See


Prayers for Sale by Sandra Dallas


All of these books will have you hooked from the start (except maybe Prayers for Sale, but keep pushing through.  It gets a lot better).  And the best thing?  They're all available on Amazon.  If you're interested in trying any of these books out, click on the Amazon bar up at the top.  Doesn't get any easier than that!

How about you?  Have you read any books lately that you would recommend?  I'm always looking for another book to read.







1 comment:

  1. Your welcome I can't wait to hear about your journey as an au pair!! You should check out my blog...I love comments too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Leave a line or two, or just a hello. And thanks for dropping by!