Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Meet the Employer

Shortly before accepting the au pair position, I got to "meet" the family through a Skype chat.  To those that aren't familiar with Skype, it is a great alternative to a long-distance phone plan available on our computers.  For free, a Skype user can call any other Skype user for free (including a video chat with a webcam) or even group chats.  For a small fee, you can upgrade your account to call land lines and cell phones.  I'm looking into getting this plan when I am in Geneva.  It costs roughly $2.99 a month.

Back to my point, I have technically met the family I will be working for, but not in person.  However, on May 1st, the mother will be in Toronto for the day.  I will be meeting with her in the morning.  My issue now is coming up with a good list of questions to ask her.  I have asked the usual questions: What is the room like? When can I take my vacation? etc.  But I am sure that there are many more I haven't thought of yet, and this would be a great chance to ask her.  So I'm asking for a little assistance.  If you have any questions that you would ask, please comment so I can add it to the list.

Another issue I'm already stressing about it packing, but I'll save that for another post...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think. Leave a line or two, or just a hello. And thanks for dropping by!