Thursday, April 28, 2011

In Person

I hope everyone had a great Easter long weekend.  We had beautiful weather in Toronto.  Of course I was at work the entire time, but I could see how nice it was from the window, ha ha.  Quite an improvement from the snow the weekend before.

Anyway, this Sunday is the big day.  I will be driving across town to visit my future employer.  I am very excited to meet her in person, and I am still working on my list of questions for her.  I hope she's ready for how long it is!  If you were me, what sort of questions would be on the top of your list?

My mum has expressed her interest in joining me (not to Switzerland, but to meet the employer).  We're deciding whether or not she should.  I wouldn't mind her joining, because she may think of some other questions while we're there that I might not think of.  What do you guys think?

In other news, I'm well on my way to completing items on my to do list.  Recertified my Standard First Aid and CPR-C yesterday, and I'm doing my NLS next Saturday.  I've also researched manual transmission driving school, and found a great school is Vaughan.  I'm now working on getting it as my birthday gift from my parents.  Cross your fingers for me!  After the weekend, I will be going to the OHIP (Ontario Health Insurance Plan) offices to get my insurance extended from the normal 153 day limit. 

I have also been brushing up on my French.  I've dug out all of my old French textbooks and notebooks and have spent my free time going over some of the grammar that has completely left me.  The only thing I haven't been practicing is conversing in French.  Hopefully I can find some people willing to practice.  With a layover is Brussels on the way to Geneva, I will need my French to find my connecting flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think. Leave a line or two, or just a hello. And thanks for dropping by!