Thursday, December 1, 2011

Costuming Part II

L'Escalade it just around the corner, and E needs his costume ready to go for next Friday afternoon.  I dedicated some time this afternoon to getting some work done on it.  Check out what I accomplished!

First I made the slink-like coils to hold the candy.




I then planned to stick the coils into a silver-covered sheet of styrofoam.  So I cut the two pieces...


Lined them up...


Applied some glue...


And waited for it to set.


I then moved on to starting the side panel of the vending machine.

Last week I spray painted the bases of the costume.



They look more like a vending machine now, eh?


I then applied the grey swatch to the vending machine.


In the meantime, I went to check my styrofoam.  And I found this.  


The glue ate the styrofoam.  Scrap that idea.


Instead of putting the coils in the styrofoam, I opted to just stick it in the back of the base.


So the end of the coil pokes out the back, a little dangerous.


So I decided to use my favourite thing: Duct tape!


No poking now!


All attached now!


And all safe on the back.


Now to add the goodies!


"They won't notice if I take one, right?"


All added.


Starting to look like a vending machine now.


Now I added a plastic sheet to act as the glass pane stopping greedy hands from swiping the candy.

Can't get it now!



And of course, the all important price tags.



I'll let you guess what these are for.  Or just wait to see the final product.



And that's what Koda did the entire time I was working.  It's her favourite position.  She's a bit crazy, but that's why I love her.

So until next time!  The costume's almost done!  Can you believe it almost looks like a vending machine?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Rebecca, congratulations! You and Koda did a great job. What a delicious costume. It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Leave a line or two, or just a hello. And thanks for dropping by!