Saturday, January 7, 2012

That Went Fast...

I know I have been lacking on blog posts, but I literally have spent every second of my time home seeing all the friends and family I won't see again until the summer.  I couldn't believe how many people that included.

But sadly, my time in Canada has come to an end.  I'm currently sitting at Pearson International waiting for my flight.  I won't be back in Geneva for another 12 hours or so, but the anticipation is killing me.  I love Canada and it will always be my home, my motherland; but Geneva has quickly become referred to as "home" in conversation.  The look on my parents' faces when I accidentally let that slip was priceless.  I don't think they've quite gotten used to the fact that I'm not living in Toronto.  I think we're all in a dream world.  And to be honest, I'm quite alright with that.  I think if I really sat down and thought about it, I wouldn't be as comfortable with it as I am.  So I'm gonna play the ignorant card for a bit longer.

But back to my time home in Toronto.  I arrived early afternoon on the 24th and was greeted by my two best friends dressed as Santa and Mrs Claus, and my mum.  The waterworks obviously started.  I honestly have the best friends ever!

After my pickup, I attempted to go to a Canadian landmark, Tim Hortons, for a catch-up with my friends. Unfortunately, it was closed, since it was Christmas Eve and all.  How Swiss of them...

I ended up spending a few hours chilling out and catching up and it felt like I had never left (thus fuelling my dream hypothesis).  Frankly, most of the time I was home felt like I had never left.  Apparently, Toronto doesn't change in four months.  Good to know.

What did change was how I felt being back in my house.  Despite it looking like home, I felt like I was a guest.  I didn't even know where to find a towel when I wanted to have a shower!  All this after only four months?

But now it's time to head back to Europe and relish in another seven months living the life.  I can thankfully say that life has been mostly ups, with only a few downs.  Can it get any better?

I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday and are ready to stick to their new year's resolutions.  What are mine?  Continue to make some "ticks" on my bucket list.  I can't wait!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Rebecca.I love your blog and your bucket list !!. Shoot for the stars !!!. Have fun !!!.

    DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rebecca,

    It was great seeing you in Toronto. You know, you are now an official "jetsetter," which is great to see. Here's to amazing adventures!
    Phil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Dad. I did get your card, Friday, fyi.

    And Uncle Phil, it was great to see you too! Thanks so much for everything. I really do feel like a jetsetter, and you'll see why on my next post. Easy Jet had a sale!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Leave a line or two, or just a hello. And thanks for dropping by!