Sunday, July 17, 2011

Why I've Been M.I.A



My adventure is fast approaching, so in my spare time, I've tried to spend as much time as possible with all of the wonderful friends I will be leaving behind.  There have been some great nights of barbecues, dinners on patios, and catch-ups while watching Big Brother (guilty pleasure).

Most recently, I've had the chance to spend three glorious days in 30°C weather on the beach.  On Thursday, I spent the day at Centennial Beach in Barrie.  I had completely forgotten that they have a water jet like Geneva (jet d'eau) and it made me really excited to spend time along Lac Leman.  The beach was perfect.  Free parking, not too busy, and a slight mist from the jet.  The water was quite chilly, so most of our time was spent on the beach, until we needed to cool down.

The water jet at Centennial Beach


The view from our blanket.

Then for the rest of the weekend, I was cottaging along Georgian Bay near Collingwood.  Funniest thing though; one of my best friends has a cottage up in the area, and when I arrived up at the cottage we were staying at, all I was thinking was "wow, this beach looks really familiar.  I feel like _______'s cottage is nearby".  Little did I know, that cottage was RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET!  And when did I find out? As we were pulling out today and I saw her mum in their driveway.  It was a definite "doh!" moment.

Anyway, here are some pictures from my weekend.  The sun was hot, the clouds were few, and now my skin is decorated with some fantastic (and some hilarious) tan lines.  Enjoy!



Pathway from the cottage to the beach.  


Getting closer to the beach

Sunset


2 comments:

  1. Sooo nice! I really miss summer in Canada. It's great that you're spending the time with key people before you leave. Will amount to great memories while you're away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer in Canada is fantastic. We've just gotten through quite a heat wave so now we're dealing with constant rainy days. Hopefully there are some more sunny days before I leave.

    Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Leave a line or two, or just a hello. And thanks for dropping by!